• 스티븐양담임목사 작성
  • 작성일

컨텐츠 정보

본문

[Pastor Stephen Yang’s ‘Christian Faith Column’]       

'When Common Sense Standards Collapse' <Part 2>

Written by/Pastor Stephen Yang

Senior Pastor, Goback Church

http://gobackchurch.org

The Korean church must repent.

Several years ago, when the current president was a presidential candidate, and when he was supported and 

eventually elected as president, the forces that stood at the forefront and supported and cheered him on were 

most of the churches, pastors, and believers in Korea, including the megachurches.

However, the president that the Korean church supported, and who was elected by teaming up with the shameful 

heretical Shincheonji and shamanists, nominated the chairman of the Korea Communications Commission, 

who is now the subject of extreme controversy, and pushed through the appointment despite opposition from 

the National Assembly, but the Korean church is silent. Fortunately, the Catholic Church in Korea is actively 

expressing its opposition.

I want to ask the pastors of megachurches representing the Korean church.

I think that if you support, you should also point out, but why do you only support and not point out the wrongdoings?

Are you just acting as a mouthpiece for power, or are you still expecting sweet honey from power, or are you  

thinking the same as them?

I would like to ask again. Does the Korean church truly believe in Jesus Christ?

Then, when the current president, who was supported and elected by most Korean churches, carries out 

such absurd acts, shouldn’t we, as clergy who fear God, reprimand, admonish, and correct him with the 

conscience of a clergy who must proclaim justice and truth, no matter how much we supported him?

However, no one, especially not a single pastor of a megachurch that boasts of its size and congregation, 

is delivering the voice of justice, the message of the Holy Spirit.

Why is that? I am so curious about that today. 

I would like to ask if the president who holds power is ignoring the existence of the Creator God, who is scary, 

invisible, and inaudible, and is not afraid at all of His voice and His words.

That is why, although I am a small speaker, I decided to serialize this column because I want to speak about  

justice and proclaim the truth, even through the website of the Goback Church.

A society where absurdity prevails, where absurd and absurd things frequently happen, where things that can be 

easily judged with common sense are debated and divided for and against, where rational judgments are buried or ignored by emotional judgments, where truth is rendered powerless by lies - if this is our society, the Republic of Korea, then what should we do?

As a pastor, a clergyman, and a missionary who has received the Holy Spirit and has been given a mission, 

today I feel a heavy heart and wonder what I can do in this place where I am.

Why are all these things happening in my homeland, the Republic of Korea, at this time, and are they getting worse? 

What has made our country, our society like this? 

Today, as I sweep away my despair and bitterness, I feel an inexplicable fear. Because, for some reason, 

I have a creepy feeling that all of this is because our country's Protestantism has lost its flavor and light, 

and has now become darkness itself, not light.

Nevertheless, today, I want to be comforted by this one belief, that my Lord Jesus Christ, whom I love, respect, 

believe in, and rely on, is watching, knowing, and guiding all of this.

Even though we, especially Christians and churches who believe in the Lord, may be given a temporary process of suffering because we do not repent and do not realize it, the love of Yahweh God and the grace of our Lord will also 

give us the strength to overcome it, and so I hope that the day will come soon when He will give comfort, 

encouragement, and recovery to our country, the Republic of Korea, and its people.

Hallelujah!

관련자료

댓글 0
등록된 댓글이 없습니다.