컨텐츠 정보

본문

[Pastor Stephen Yang’s ‘Christian Column’]   

“Large Fire” <Part 4>

"In the flames"

Written by/Pastor Stephen Yang

Senior Pastor,  Goback Church

http://gobackchurch.org

It was a hole that ran straight from the ground to the fifth basement floor and was made to lower large equipment 

with a crane and bring it into the machine room.

At the bottom of the 5th basement level at the equipment entrance, dozens of rebars that 

had not yet been removed were stuck in the floor like spear blades, 

making it a dangerous place where if anyone fell while going down, 

the rebars would pierce their entire body and they would die.

On that day, the equipment entrance was spewing out black smoke like fire, evoking a terrifying fear that 

was reminiscent of the gates of hell.

All of our employees rushed to stop me and catch me. Firefighters also came running and told me that 

if I went in, we would die.

They strongly opposed and blocked me from going down to the equipment entrance. 

So I looked into the eyes of everyone who stood in my way and asked: 

“If you want to stop me from going down to the 5th floor, would you go in instead of me?”

Everyone couldn't answer. So I said then don't stop me.

A person who appeared to be a firefighter team leader strongly tried to stop me, but I still asked the same question, 

“So, are you going to go in now?”

He couldn't answer either. 

He just said that no one can save them now and that we have no choice but to leave them to God. 

I told him.

“Everyone in the machine room right now is my family. 

They are my family. Even if I die, I must go in. “Don’t stop me.”

They opened the way, and I went straight down to the 5th basement floor, 

holding on to the U-shaped rebar ring temporarily installed on the outer wall of the equipment room entrance.

I can't remember the exact numbers, but the machine room was like a large sports stadium, 

about 100 meters long, 30 meters wide, and 12 meters high.

However, no flames were visible, and black toxic smoke, along with by-products, 

was swirling violently throughout the entire machine room.

The toxic fumes continued to push down from the ceiling and were now about 1 meter above the floor, 

and clean air was only circulating in a space of about 30 centimeters on both walls.

It was pitch dark ahead, so it was impossible to know what was happening deep down there.

I called out the names of our technicians one after another at the top of my lungs.

After bending over for a while and crawling inside the place, I called out and a faint human voice 

could be heard from inside.

When I called again with more force, I received a somewhat accurate answer.

I asked how many people were there now and whether there were any dead people nearby.

They answered that no one was seen dead and that there were about a dozen of them left.

I asked if they couldn't get out, and they answered that they could, but that they were putting out the fire.

At that moment, a harsh curse almost came out of my mouth. I thought these people were crazy.

It was absurd that they were putting out the fire without even knowing that they would die in a place 

where firefighters were too afraid to even enter.

I shouted and ordered all actions to stop and withdraw immediately.

“Get out of there right now! You have to crawl out with your head down and 

make sure you don't breathe the toxic fumes. 

If you breathe in just one sip of toxic fumes, you will die!

Crawl flat and get out as quickly as possible while only looking at the person in front of you!”

Continue to the next page

"Goback Church is an inland missionary church working in the western region of Michigan. 

Goback Church, which is fighting to save souls in crisis on the spiritual front lines, 

desperately needs your prayers and continued support.

Hallelujah! "

<Copyright © Daily Today, unauthorized reproduction and redistribution prohibited>

When sharing elsewhere, please use the unique link address below as the source.

http://dailytoday.co.kr/news/view.php?idx=96585

Article registration 2024-04-07 12:48:14

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on Google Plus

Share Line

Share Naver Blog

Share Naver Band

관련자료

댓글 0
등록된 댓글이 없습니다.